A viable option for many students who want to start their career directly after GCSEs or A Levels and still have the option of undertaking further education and training in the future to gain relevant qualifications should they choose to do so.
Many careers opportunities are available to students within sectors of industry such as Business, Finance, Retail, Construction, Engineering, Health Care, Hospitality etc . Some opportunities will offer structured career programmes specifically for students with A Levels and will be advertised at Trainee Manager or Technical level.
The Careers Department is often notified of vacancies with local companies which can be communicated to students who have registered with us as seeking particular employment opportunities. We can also assist students with:
- Organising work experience
- Job hunting
- Submitting formal applications
- Interview preparation and practice
CV’s, letters of application and interviews
Before applying for vacancies please ensure you research the company on their website – this is crucial if called for interview as it demonstrates your interest in the company and the advertised role.
If you need assistance with writing your CV, please make an appointment with the Careers department and we will be happy to help you.
- Applying for Employment and Apprenticeships
- CV Example for Lower School Students and CV Example for Sixth Form Students
- PWC Presentation on Apprenticeships and Employment
- Top tips for Job Interviews
- Writing your CV – Guidance Notes
- Writing your Covering Letter – Guidance Notes
Useful Websites for Jobseekers
- All About Apprenticeships
- Fire it Up Apprenticeships
- Information on Apprenticeships
- Not going to Uni
- Prospects Apprenticeships
- The Apprenticeship Guide
- UCAS jobs
- Which Guide to Higher and Degree Apprenticeships
Finance and Accountancy
- Non available at present