Our Year 7 Information Video is available here
Our Year 7 ‘How to Apply Video’ is available here
Our Year 7 Virtual Tour is available to view here
St. Aidan’s Church of England High School became an Academy in August 2011 and given the distinctive nature of the school it is committed to the ethos of the Christian faith in the tradition of the Anglican Church. It provides an education for students aged 11 – 19. As an Academy admissions are the responsibility of the Governing Body, however in terms of procedure we follow closely the policy and timings of North Yorkshire County Council.
In order to make an application for a place at St. Aidan’s you will need to complete two forms.
- First the online schools admissions application for North Yorkshire common application form
- Secondly you will need to complete the St. Aidan’s application form for admission, a sample of which can be viewed below.
The school’s admission number is 250. The school serves the Deaneries of Harrogate and Ripon.
For further information, prospective parents must contact the school directly via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively parents can call the Main School Office on 01423 885814.
For pupils of Sixth Form age, arrangements should be made with the Sixth Form Office by telephoning 01423 818516.
For North Yorkshire County Council’s guide for applications click here.
Appeals – Year 7 2021
- Guidance on Completion of the Form 2021
- Letter to accompany Appeal Papers 2021
- Notes on Group Appeals 2021
- School Admission Appeal Form 2021
- School Admission Appeals – FAQs
- School Admission Appeals – Notes for Parents
- Application Form (SIF) Please use this form for Year 7 application 2022. NB Parents/Carers applying for a sibling place (Priority 2) should be aware that to comply with GDPR we are not able to ask about siblings as this question has already been asked by the LEA. Please be assured that this sibling information will be relayed by the LEA to St Aidan’s.
- Admissions Policy
- Oversubscription Criteria September 2022
- SIF – All Years
For applicants wishing to join Year 7 in September 2022, the previous three years attendance at a place of worship would be from October 2018 to October 2021.
The variation put in place last year still applies – this means that for the period of time places of worship were closed (currently March 2020 – June 2021) church attendance cannot be counted. Attendance via online services unfortunately cannot be taken into consideration.
Obviously places of worship have not been consistently open since March 2020. Therefore, the presumption will be made that an applicants’ pattern of church attendance up to March 2020 would have continued at the same rate if places of worship had remained open.
As always, the Governors on the Admissions Committee would read any supporting letters from Ministers.
Although our official deadline for applications to the Associated Sixth Form has now passed we do still have capacity on some courses. Please telephone Mrs Hendry, our Associated Sixth Form Administrator, on 01423 818516 to discuss your situation.
For information about admission into other Year groups, please contact the school directly.