Our Year 7 Information Video is available here
Our Year 7 ‘How to Apply Video’ is available here
Our Year 7 Virtual Tour is available to view here
St. Aidan’s Church of England High School became an Academy in August 2011 and given the distinctive nature of the school it is committed to the ethos of the Christian faith in the tradition of the Anglican Church. It provides an education for students aged 11 – 19. As an Academy admissions are the responsibility of the Governing Body, however in terms of procedure we follow closely the policy and timings of North Yorkshire County Council.
In order to make an application for a place at St. Aidan’s you will need to complete two forms.
- First the online schools admissions application for North Yorkshire common application form
- Secondly you will need to complete the St. Aidan’s application form for admission, a sample of which can be viewed below.
The school’s admission number is 250. The school serves the Deaneries of Harrogate and Ripon.
For further information, prospective parents must contact the school directly via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively parents can call the Main School Office on 01423 885814.
For pupils of Sixth Form age, arrangements should be made with the Sixth Form Office by telephoning 01423 818516.
For North Yorkshire County Council’s guide for applications click here.
- Application Form (SIF) Please use this form for Year 7 application 2020. NB Parents/Carers applying for a sibling place (Priority 2) should be aware that to comply with GDPR we are not able to ask about siblings as this question has already been asked by the LEA. Please be assured that this sibling information will be relayed by the LEA to St Aidan’s.
- Admissions Policy
- Oversubscription Criteria September 2021
- SIF – All Years
In July 2020 we applied for a variation to our admission arrangements to include guidance on how Ministers can approach the calculation of church points taking account of the closure of churches due to Covid-19 restrictions. The Regional Schools Commissioner (RSC), acting on behalf of the Secretary of State agreed to this variation in November 2020.
- Consultation Process for Admissions for September 2022 onwards
For information about admission into other Year groups, please contact the school directly.