St Aidan’s Church of England High School takes safeguarding very seriously. All employees at the school have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check carried out as part of our pre-employment checks. Checks are also undertaken to verify identity, address, qualifications required for the post, right to work in the UK and previous employment history.
All employees at St Aidan’s have repeat DBS checks at least every 5 years and wear an identity badge with a photograph that identifies them.
All visitors are required to wear a visitor’s badge after identifying themselves at reception and signing into the premises.
The school has a Child Protection Policy which operates within Local Authority Safeguarding Children Board and Government parameters. It is available on the policy documents page of the school website or from Mrs G Soper (Deputy Head and School Child Protection Coordinator). Please contact Mrs Soper if you require any further information about our safeguarding policy.
- Teaching Application Guidance Notes
- General Application Guidance Notes
- Disability Guidance Notes
- Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form
- Rehabilitiation of Offenders ROA1
There are currently no vacancies
27.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday 8.40am – 3.35pm) Term time only
Part time may be considered
Band 9 £14,372 to £15,835 (27.5 hours, pro-rata for part time)
The School requires a Cover Supervisor to supervise lessons for a variety of Year groups and subjects that have been set by absent teaching staff. The successful candidate will need to be flexible an excellent communicator and able to work independently. A teaching qualification is not required for this post but previous experience within education would be an advantage.
Applications should be by letter by Friday 22nd September 2017 to Mr J Wood, Headteacher, indicating the particular skills and experience you can offer, with a completed application form that can be downloaded below.
25 hours per week – Band 4 (with SEN allowance) £9,579 (Term Time only)
From September 2017
St Aidan’s requires teaching assistants to work in the Learning Support Department supporting children with special educational needs.
There will be the expectation of carrying out some lunchtime duties (to be discussed in interview). Payment for this will be in addition to the salary listed above.
Key responsibilities are:
• Working under the direction of the classroom teacher staff in the delivery of educational work in supporting the learning needs of students in the classroom
• Liaising with class teachers to support the management of pupil behaviour in lessons
• Assisting in the preparation of learning aids for students in conjunction with teaching staff.
• Supporting the use of ICT in the classroom
• Liaising with other team members and parents in a professional manner
• Contributing to Annual review meetings
• Supporting teaching staff on educational visits as required
• Promoting the social and emotional development of students
Applications should be by letter to Mr J Wood (Headteacher) indicating the particular skills and experience you can offer, with a completed application form that can be downloaded below.