We understand relationships education to be that pertaining to the development of pupils’ understanding and ability to have positive, healthy, meaningful and sustained relationships of all kinds. Students want to learn how to secure, develop and sustain healthy relationships and how to be able to recognise when and how relationships go wrong; they must be prepared for the opportunities, challenges and responsibilities of being in relationship with other people.
RSE (Relationships and Sex education) gives pupils the understanding, vocabulary and strategies they require to keep themselves safe and to thrive within good, stable long-term relationships of all kinds.
RSE gives pupils accurate information to equip them for life in the modern world.
- RSE teaches about the diversity of healthy relationships, lifestyle choices and beliefs.
At St. Aidan’s we want young people to flourish and to gain every opportunity to live fulfilled lives. RSE is about the emotional, social and physical aspects of growing up, healthy relationships, sex, human sexuality and sexual health. It is also about the spiritual and moral aspects of relationships within a context of a Christian vision for the purpose of life. RSE is culturally and community sensitive as well as encompassing the teachings of the Church, including the Christian understanding of marriage as the context for sexual relationships and the importance of trust, loyalty, fidelity and choice as well as the understanding of abstinence and celibacy as positive life choices.
- National Step Families Association – Offers support to all members of step families.
Helpline number 0990 168 388
Monday – Wednesday 11.00am – 2.30pm
Thursday – Friday 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Weekday evenings 7.00pm – 10.00pm
- Young Carers – The Young Carers Team provide support for young people who care for a parent, grandparent, brother or sister who is ill, has a disability or experiences mental health, drug or alcohol issues.
Telephone: 01423 500555 or 01765 690222
- Young Minds – A website which now offers information to young people about emotional well-being and relationships
- Local Health Clinics – A list of local health clinics for young people
- Relateen -They can help with a range of issues from bullying, family life, exam stress or relationship problems.