This is a main theme of school life. We believe healthy eating is linked to successful learning and positive self esteem. School meals are an essential part of lunchtimes. We aim for all children to be able to eat safely in school and to enjoy the sociable aspect of lunchtime in a pleasant environment.
This section of the site helps you make informed decisions about your eating habits.
Samantha Howard, a qualified dietitian, works with all aspects of the school to encourage healthy eating.
- Allergy UK – If you have an existing nut or egg allergy, milk intolerance, suffer from asthma or hayfever or would like to know more about allergies in general
- Anorexia & Bulimia Care (ABC) – A national Christian organisation run by Christians for sufferers, their families and for carers
- British Dietetic Association Food Fact Sheets – A selection of BDA Food Fact Sheets to download and print
- British Heart Foundation – For information on keeping a healthy heart. This has a section for young people with information and competitions
- Change4Life – NHS website to inform and advise on leading a healthy lifestyle
- Children’s Food Trust (Missing Link) – UK organisation to improve the nutrition of school meals, providing news, information, guidance, resources, resources and research
- Diabetes UK – Keep up to date on all the latest information on diabetes
- Eating Disorders Association – Information on eating disorders. If you are concerned that you or a friend may have an eating disorder, you could speak with the Medical Room nurses, or a GP for help and advice
- Eatwell.gov.uk – For tips to achieving a balanced diet and maintaining a healthy weight, with specific advice for teen years