It is well known that looking after your body also helps your brain. At St. Aidan’s we have revolutionised school food with amazing success and we strongly promote physical exercise.
However, we believe that health goes further than this. A healthy person knows how to deal with stress, is self aware about personal safety and has a responsible attitude to drugs, sexual health and emotional well-being.
- Who you can talk to in school – There are many people available for you to talk to in school.
- Guide4Life – Guide 4 Life is for young people aged 13 – 16 years in and around Harrogate. It aims to point you to contacts that can provide advice, help and support on a range of issues.
- Childline – If you’ve got worries or need some advice, this site can help. The site is for all 12 – 16 year olds.
- Get Connected – Get Connected is the UK’s free, confidential helpline service for young people under 25 who need help, but don’t know where to turn
- Gimi – A useful website which gives information about local activities and events; advice on health, bullying, jobs, careers; social networking, games and much more
- Iffy – Information for Families & Youth – an on-line directory of local organisations and groups helping you to solve problems and to get involved in positive activities