St Aidan’s Dietitian
Amy Pratt works with the catering team to ensure food and drinks served in school provide students with a nutritious balanced diet that meets the Government School Food Standards.
Samantha works with individual students with special dietary requirements to ensure they can eat safely within the school environment.
Samantha is involved with providing advice within the curriculum and in organising health promotion events throughout lunchtimes for students on current topical nutrition-related issues.
Here are a small selection of useful websites:
- The British Nutrition Foundation, which provides general information on nutrition
- The British Dietetic Association, which explains more about the role of a Dietitian
- Food in Schools, which has produced documentation addressing the subject of food in Schools
- The School Food Plan, which provides details of the school food standards
- The Eatwell Guide, is produced by Public Health England eating guide for all
If you would like to contact Amy her email address is: email@example.com