Employment and Apprenticeships
A viable option for many students who want to start their career directly after GCSEs or A Levels and still have the option of undertaking further education and training in the future to gain relevant qualifications should they choose to do so.
Many careers opportunities are available to students within sectors of industry such as Business, Finance, Retail, Construction, Engineering, Health Care, Hospitality etc . Some opportunities will offer structured career programmes specifically for students with A Levels and will be advertised at Trainee Manager or Technical level.
The Careers Department is often notified of vacancies with local companies which can be communicated to students who have registered with us as seeking particular employment opportunities. We can also assist students with:
- Organising work experience
- Job hunting
- Submitting formal applications
- Interview preparation and practice
CV’s, letters of application and interviews
Before applying for vacancies please ensure you research the company on their website – this is crucial if called for interview as it demonstrates your interest in the company and the advertised role.
If you need assistance with writing your CV, please make an appointment with the Careers department and we will be happy to help you.
Useful Websites for Jobseekers
- Aviva Apprenticeship
- Nestle Fast Start Programme
- Belzona Training and Development Programme
- Green-Tech Ltd Operations Apprentice 2019
- Green-Tech Ltd Sales Apprentice 2019
Finance and Accountancy
- Grant Thornton
- Kirk Newsholme Apprenticeship Vacancy
- Kirk Newsholme School Leavers Training Programme