How to Choose a University
Questions to ask yourself
- Does the University offer the courses I want to study?
- What’s its reputation like? League table ratings?
- How competitive is it to get a place – entry requirements?
- How much teaching support and time can it offer me?
- What are its teaching facilities, ICT resources like?
- How far away from home do I want to be?
- Do I want to live in a main city or more rural location?
- Do I want to be at a large city centre university or on a Campus?
- What are the costs – fees, accommodation, cost of living?
- Does it offer a range of clubs and societies?
- What’s the social scene like?
There are over 50,000 courses available at 310 institutions so you need to do some serious research to ensure you find the right course for you.